People arriving at a hospital/medical center are often injured or ill, which means that they may be partially or completely incapacitated. Unsafe pavements can place these people at greater risk, but they can also endanger everyone else who walks or drives on those pavements.
Why Does a Hospital/Medical Center Need Professional Assistance With Their Pavements?
Hospitals and medical centers are unique environments. Patients may be transported by ambulance, taxi, privately owned vehicles, law enforcement officers or facilities, or social services, and new patients may arrive at any hour of the day or night if the facility offers an urgent care clinic or an emergency room. Many arrivals may have mobility issues, so the facility must be able to accommodate patients on gurneys or in wheelchairs as well as those who must use canes, crutches, or walkers. Patients who are admitted to a hospital may receive visitors during their stays, and the needs of their visitors must also be accommodated. When you consider all of these points, you can see that rough, damaged, or slippery pavements can present some major issues for patients, ambulance attendants, and everyone else. The Americans with Disabilities Act recognizes that a hospital or medical center is a unique environment, so some regulations are more stringent for hospitals than for other enterprises.
For example, a retailer’s parking lot with 500 spaces only needs to provide a minimum of nine accessible spaces, with two of them being van-accessible, but some medical facilities will need to provide between 50 and 100 accessible spaces if their parking lots contain 500 spaces. What many facility managers do not realize is that the ADA was revised in 2010. Therefore, even if they were in full compliance before the revision, they may not currently be compliant. At 3-D Paving, we know the requirements of the ADA and other regulations as they pertain to medical facilities, so we can help you ensure that your parking lot and other pavements are compliant.
Call us or use this form
An estimator will be in-touch.
What Types of Paving Services Do Hospitals and Medical Centers Frequently Require?
The paving services needed depend primarily on whether your pavements are asphalt or concrete. In many cases, medical facilities have both concrete and asphalt pavements on their properties. For example, a hospital might have an asphalt parking lot, concrete ramps, asphalt walkways between buildings, and concrete curbing. Therefore, your facility might need all or just a few of the following services.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Adding sand to a sealcoating mix enhances It also helps prevent damage from vehicle fluids and UV rays, and it improves the appearance of your pavement’s surface.
- Concrete Repairs: Damaged concrete surfaces and misaligned slabs could damage cars, lead to tripping accidents, or cause cyclists to lose control of their bikes or motorcycles.
- Asphalt Crack Repairs: Cracks in asphalt pavement place it at risk of premature deterioration, and they can also be tripping hazards.
- Asphalt Repairs: We know a variety of techniques to mend potholes, alligatored asphalt, and other types of damage that require more than a crack repair.
- Concrete Flatwork: We can install or replace concrete curbs, slabs, ramps, gutters, parking lots, and sidewalks.
- Asphalt Overlays: Old or damaged pavements can often be renovated by installing new asphalt over them instead of tearing them out and rebuilding them.
- Parking Lot Striping: Stripes and pavement markings are essential for ensuring ADA compliance, designating no-parking zones, directing traffic, and showing drivers where to park and at what angle.
- Bollard Installation: Bollards can help prevent vehicles from encroaching on sidewalks, striking structures, or entering no-go zones.
- Parking Lot Signage: Properly placed signs provide guidance to both pedestrians and drivers, and they are necessary to ensure compliance with the ADA.
- Asphalt Paving: This is the installation of asphalt to construct or reconstruct a pavement, and it may also encompass certain types of repairs.
We offer many other services besides the ones listed above, including asphalt milling, speed bump installation, paver bricks, drainage repairs, concrete grinding, reflective pavement markers, and site development.
When you trust the construction, repair, or maintenance of your pavements to 3-D Paving, we will provide you with high-quality work and exemplary service in a professional, cost-effective manner. We have an impressive reputation, impeccable references, and the staff, experience, equipment, and tools to do the job correctly the first time. We would be delighted to work up a free quote for you; just submit our online request form, call 855-735-7623, or email Info@3-DPaving.com.
Contact 3-D Paving & Sealcoating today to get a quote for your next project.