Are you considering repairing or replacing your parking lot? Here are some things to help you along the process.
Few things are more important to a business or community than first impressions and curb appeal. In some cases that may actually mean your curbs, sidewalks, and parking lots. They are the first things a client or potential client sees when they visit your location and you always want to make a good first impression. Repaving, paving repairs, sealcoating, or striping your parking lot is a great way to improve its appearance and prolong its lifespan. Here is a brief outline of some things to think about and prepare for when you are looking to have a parking lot project done.
Step 1: Find a trustworthy paving contractor
The first step in any commercial paving project is finding a contractor you can trust. One of the hardest parts of any parking lot paving or parking lot renovation project is finding contractors you can trust and in no place can that be more complicated and dicey than in South Florida. Try to get recommendations from businesses or community members who have used a paving contractor recently and were happy with the work provided. Once you have a few options, do your research. Check out the company’s website and read reviews from other customers. Make sure they are licensed and insured and ask to see examples of their previous work. 3-D Paving & Sealcoating in Coral Springs, Florida is a family-owned and operated asphalt paving company that brings decades of experience, expertise, and excellence back to the construction world. No matter what your paving needs may be, 3-D Paving will always steer you in the right direction.
Step 2: Work with your paving contractor to decide what asphalt or concrete services your parking lot project requires.
What parking lot services either asphalt or concrete are right for your budget or needs? The most common types of parking lots are asphalt and concrete and most a mix of both. If you are looking for a new parking lot, asphalt is generally considered a less expensive option upfront but requires more maintenance over time. Concrete is a more expensive option upfront but the long-term costs due to less maintenance requirements can be considerably less. If you have an existing parking lot, what repairs will be needed? Is Sealcoating the right option for you? Will your parking lot need to be restriped? Will you need additional traffic signage or bollards installed? Your contractor will then be able to give you a quote and always feel free to ask the paving contractor for good, better and best options to find what best fits your needs and project budget.
Step 3: Will your parking lot project require city building permits?
After you have decided on the scope of your parking lot project, your paving contractor can help you determine if you will need to obtain any city building permits. Depending on the size and scope of your job, permits may be required. Your paving contractor should be familiar with the permit process and requirements in your particular city in South Florida and will be able to guide you through the process.
Note: Building permits are generally required for projects that involve changes to existing structures or the construction of new ones. In addition, a permit is required whenever there is excavation or grading work involved. If you are simply resurfacing, sealcoating or striping an existing parking lot, you may not need a permit, but it’s always best to work with your paving contractor to be sure.
Step 4: What things will I need to do to prepare my parking lot for service?
Once you’ve selected a parking lot contractor and finalized your project plan, it’s time to get ready for the appointment. Before your scheduled parking lot service weather it’s sealcoating or maybe even just a line striping project, you should make sure that every aspect of your parking lot project is ready for contractors to get in and get the job done on your designated schedule.
- One of the first things you should do is let anyone who regularly visits your property know that work will be in process during the scheduled dates of the project.
- 3-D Paving and Sealcoating can help you prepare any notices, phasing plans, or maps that you will need to distribute to any residents, tenants, or customers who will need to make alternative parking arrangements.
- Depending on what parking lot services you are having done, you may need to make sure that your parking lot is clean and free of any debris before work can begin. This means sweeping, power washing, or even pressure washing the parking lot.
- Any cracks or potholes will need to be repaired so make sure you walk the property with your paving contractor so you both are aware of all of the areas that will require these repairs.
- Once the surface is prepped and ready, the paving contractor can then begin the process of asphalt paving, concrete paving, repairs, sealcoating, or striping. In most cases, this is where your job ends and the paving contractor that you’ve chosen’s job begins.
What is parking lot striping and signage?
Parking lot striping is an important part of ensuring that a parking lot is safe and in order with ADA compliance regulations. Strips of brightly-colored paint mark the boundaries of parking spaces, as well as areas where vehicles are not allowed to park. These stripes help to guide drivers through the lot and prevent them from parking in places where they shouldn’t. In addition, handicap parking spaces must be clearly marked with special signage and paint stripes to indicate that they are reserved for disabled drivers. By following the guidelines for parking lot striping and signage, business owners can ensure that their lot is safe and accessible for everyone.
What is ADA compliance and how does it apply to my parking lot?
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was enacted in 1990 to prohibit discrimination and ensure equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities. The ADA requires businesses and other public entities to provide accessibility for people with disabilities, including making reasonable accommodations to allow people with disabilities to participate in the same activities as everyone else. This includes ensuring that all public areas and facilities are accessible, providing auxiliary aids and services, and allowing service animals into facilities. Compliance with the ADA is critical for businesses and other organizations, as noncompliance can lead to costly legal and insurance action. Parking lot striping is an important part of ensuring that a parking lot is safe and compliant with ADA regulations. Strips of brightly-colored paint mark the boundaries of parking spaces, as well as areas where vehicles are not allowed to park. These stripes help to guide drivers through the lot and prevent them from parking in places where they shouldn’t. In addition, handicap parking spaces must be clearly marked with special signage and paint stripes to indicate that they are reserved for disabled drivers. By following the guidelines for parking lot striping and signage, business owners can ensure that their lot is safe and accessible for everyone. Want to know more about the ADA act? Visit ADA.gov for more.
What to expect after your parking lot service
Once your new parking lot has been installed or repaired, it’s important to maintain it properly to ensure a long lifespan. Pavement that isn’t properly cared for and maintained can degrade much quicker and need repairs or even replacement much sooner than expected. As a general rule of thumb, with asphalt, you should have your parking lot professionally sealcoated after installation. Your paving contractor can walk you through any maintenance recommendations and give you a good idea of what you can expect as time passes. Depending on the traffic volume and usage of your parking lot, you can expect asphalt to last anywhere from 15 to 20 years and concrete to last 20 to 30 years. With proper care and maintenance, your asphalt or concrete parking lot can last even longer! If you have any questions about what services your parking lot will need or how to prepare for your upcoming project, be sure to contact 3-D Paving and Sealcoating. They will be more than happy to help you through the process and ensure that your parking lot project is an absolute success!
Want a quote on your parking lot project?
If you are looking to get started on a parking lot project anywhere in South Florida, it’s time to contact a professional commercial paving contractor like 3-D Paving and Sealcoating in Coral Springs, FL. We will work with you to create a customized paving and sealcoating solution that meets your parking lot needs on time and on budget. Contact us today to get started! 3-D Paving and Sealcoating is the most trusted commercial paving contractor in south Florida. They have a wide range of services and can handle any project, no matter how big or small. Their team is experienced and dedicated to providing quality service, and their customer service is top-notch. If you’re looking for a reliable paving contractor, 3-D Paving is your best bet.
Why Choose 3-D Paving & Sealcoating?
3-D Paving & Sealcoating is the most trusted commercial asphalt paving contractor in Boynton Beach Florida and greater Palm Beach County. Our award-winning team includes some of the most experienced paving experts in all of South Florida. From the very start of the project, 3-D Paving will be with you every step of the way.
Deteriorating parking lots, curbs and sidewalks can pose MAJOR liability issues which can send your insurance premiums into the stratosphere. Our team is licensed and mastered in ADA compliance. We will assist you through any city building permit and regulations you may face. That’s why 3-D Paving is among the most trusted names in South Florida. ADA compliance is a complex matter, and even a small mistake can have serious repercussions for your business. If you find yourself in need of repair services to get your property up to the ADA compliance standards, look no further then 3-D Paving and Sealcoating in West Palm Beach, FL. concrete ramps, parking lot signage, pavement markings, thermoplastic line striping, reflective pavement markers, concrete curbing, speed bumps, bollards, concrete parking lots, parking lot striping, paver bricks, and concrete sidewalks, and we also offer drainage solutions, concrete grinding, asphalt milling, asphalt resurfacing, and asphalt paving. We have earned our impeccable reputation by providing exceptional work and professional customer service on every job performed for South Florida residents and businesses. For a free quote, submit the online form, call 855-735-ROAD, or email Info@3-DPaving.com.
3-D Paving & Sealcoating is a leader in the Commercial Asphalt and Concrete Industries. Find out why!
We are often the choice paving contractor for extremely well-known companies and developers because we can guarantee the results, dependability and professionalism they require. This is due to the pride we take in each and every job we take on. Each and every member of the 3-D Paving team has been licensed and professionally trained to provide you with service that is second to none in South Florida. As we continue to grow and evolve we are always adding new services to our already vast paving, sealcoating and concrete portfolio.
Here is a short description of just some of the services that we offer throughout South Florida.
- Asphalt milling: This is the process before applying a new layer or overlay.
- Asphalt Paving: 3-D Paving uses the most reliable and cutting edge technology for hot mixing asphalt to make sure the final product is the most durable, smooth, and visually appealing to the eye. Giving you the true curb appeal you deserve.
- Asphalt Sealcoating: Sealcoating is a method of applying a thin layer of asphalt sealcoat. This not only gives your payment a visual facelift but it can go a long way to preserve the pavement’s longevity and use.
- Asphalt Repair: 3-D Paving offers a total asphalt maintenance and repair service for roads and parking lots of all sizes, as well as neighborhoods.
- Parking Lot Striping: 3-D Paving can apply pavement markings, signage and more to ensure safety and maximize the traffic flow and capacity of your valuable parking spaces.
- Sidewalk Installation and Repair: Complete sidewalk installation, care and repair. We offer these services for both commercial and residential neighborhoods and developments.
- Commercial Concrete: We can meet all your projects concrete needs for both new installations and repairs alike.
- Private Road Maintenance and Construction: We offer the best in asphalt paving, old material excavation, concrete work, and enhanced site development and planning.
- Our team of outstandingly skilled and experienced workers can help you develop your project from start to finish and guide you through the planning and permitting process.
- Asphalt Crack Sealing is a solution to repair heat cracks or overuse cracks in asphalt.
- Disaster Restoration Services: We offer complete disaster restoration services to help you get back to your property back to operational status.
3-D Paving and Sealcoating of South Florida is the leader among paving contractors serving West Palm Beach, FL, and the entirety of South Florida. For more information, CONTACT US or call our offices and speak to one of our customer service reps today. Make sure to visit 3-D Paving & Sealcoating on Facebook and Instagram to see our current projects and offerings.